JLL named one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes
Firm scored highly in independent survey of more than 50,000 U.S. employees
CHICAGO, Jan. 15, 2019 – JLL (NYSE: JLL) has been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. The annual ranking examines C-suite and board diversity as well as employer diversity policies.
To create the ranking, Forbes and research firm Statista surveyed 50,000 U.S. employees in companies that have at least 1,000 employees. Survey questions focused on diversity with respect to gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age and ability. Other components of the ranking included gender diversity among top executives and the board of directors, and the company’s proactive communication about diversity.
“Our ambition is to nurture a culture where diverse backgrounds, skills and ideas are embraced,” said Mary Bilbrey, Chief Human Resources Officer, Americas. “We’re honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity and are committed to continually strengthening our culture of diversity.”
Earlier this month, JLL named Monica Marquez as the company’s new Head of Diversity & Inclusion. Prior to JLL, she held diversity roles at Google, Ernst & Young, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs.
“JLL succeeds through inclusion, and the company has been recognized within and beyond its industry for its policies in this area,” Marquez said. “As part of my role with the firm, I’m excited to build upon the company’s achievements and to continue developing and engaging JLL talent.”
The complete ranking is available on forbes.com.
Clients and third-party organizations continue to recognize JLL globally for its ethics, corporate citizenship and commitment to being an employer of choice. JLL has collected the following U.S. and global awards in the last year:
- Management Top 250, second year in a row
- JUST 100 (America’s Most JUST Companies), third year in a row
- Forbes 2018 America’s Best Employers, fourth year in a row
- LinkedIn Top Companies, third year in a row
- Ethisphere Institute’s World’s Most Ethical Companies, 11th year in a row
- National Association for Female Executives Top Companies for Executive Women, third year in a row
- Working Mother ‘100 Best Companies,’ second year in a row
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index, fourth year in a row
- BLACK ENTERPRISE Best Companies for Diversity, second year in a row
- DiversityMBA Magazine’s 50 Out Front, fourth year in a row
- Diversity Best Practices Inclusion Index
- Military Friendly Employers
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. Our vision is to reimagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we will build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of 88,000 as of September 30, 2018. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com