JLL recognized again for diversity by BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine
Firm makes Best Companies for Diversity list for second consecutive year.
CHICAGO, Jan. 7, 2019 – JLL (NYSE: JLL) has again been named one of the Best Companies for Diversity by BLACK ENTERPRISE and The Executive Leadership Council, the leading organization of black senior managers. Since 2005, the list has identified companies that have demonstrated best practices through diverse representation within their employee base, senior management ranks, corporate boards and supplier pools.
Among other initiatives, JLL’s African American Business Network aims to drive business growth and foster an environment that attracts, develops and retains employees. The firm also offers a targeted development program for senior and mid-level African American talent through The Executive Leadership Council. From 2017 to 2018, JLL achieved a 9 percent increase in the number of African Americans in management and professional positions. In addition, its board of directors is comprised of 60% female or minority members, which is more than twice the average of the Fortune 500.
“A diverse set of perspectives and experiences results in better, more innovative decision-making for our people and clients,” said Mary Bilbrey, Chief Human Resources Officer, Americas. “We’re honored to receive this recognition again from BLACK ENTERPRISE and remain committed to advancing our diversity and inclusion efforts across all levels of the firm.”
To compile the list, BLACK ENTERPRISE sent surveys to the nation's top 1,000 publicly traded companies, as well as to the 100 leading global companies with strong U.S. operations. In addition to black inclusion, surveys focused in general on ethnic-minority groups as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau. Supporting criteria used to finalize the Best Companies for Diversity list included diversity initiatives directed toward women, people with disabilities, veterans and the LGBT community.
The complete report, including methodology and selection criteria, is available in BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine.
Clients and third-party organizations continue to recognize JLL globally for its ethics, corporate citizenship and commitment to being an employer of choice. JLL has collected the following U.S. and global awards in the last year:
- Management Top 250, second year in a row
- JUST 100 (America’s Most JUST Companies), third year in a row
- Forbes 2018 America’s Best Employers, fourth year in a row
- LinkedIn Top Companies, third year in a row
- Ethisphere Institute’s World’s Most Ethical Companies, 11th year in a row
- National Association for Female Executives Top Companies for Executive Women, third year in a row
- Working Mother ‘100 Best Companies,’ second year in a row
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index, fourth year in a row
- DiversityMBA Magazine’s 50 Out Front, fourth year in a row
- Diversity Best Practices Inclusion Index
- Military Friendly Employers