Executive Vice President, Tenant Representation
Stuart has been with JLL since 2005. As an Executive Vice President with JLL’s suburban tenant representation team, Stuart is focused on representing office tenants in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) suburban office markets.
Stuart’s commercial real estate career started in 1996 and since then, he has had experience working from both the tenant and the landlord’s perspectives. Stuart’s unique experience as an office leasing expert exists with his previous experience as Director, Office Leasing for Brookfield Properties in Toronto’s financial core where his responsibilities included leasing at BCE Place – Canada’s most prestigious office complex.
Education and Affiliations
Stuart graduated from the University of Western Ontario and has also received a certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution from the Law School of the University of Windsor. Stuart is licensed under the Real Estate Council of Ontario and is also a member of the Toronto Real Estate Board and has obtained his Broker license from the Toronto Real Estate Board which distinguishes himself as being licensed to manage a real estate brokerage.
Stuart is an active member of CoreNet (Corporate Real Estate Network) which is the world’s leading association for corporate real estate (CRE) and workplace professionals, service providers and economic developers consisting of 6,500 members, who include 70% of the top 100 U.S. companies and nearly half of the Global 2000. Stuart has completed his Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR) designation which provides essential skills that focus on critical business issues and the mission of the CRE organization in relation to corporate goals. The MCR designation communicates special competence and successful experience as a corporate real estate (CRE) expert.
Stuart is also a candidate member of the CCIM Institute, pursuing the CCIM Designation. A Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) is a recognized expert in the disciplines of commercial and investment real estate. A CCIM is an invaluable resource to the commercial real estate owner, investor, and user, and is among an elite corps of more than 9,000 professionals who hold the CCIM designation across North America and more than 30 countries.
Stuart has consistently been within the top 10 of office producers in Canada each year since starting with JLL in 2005.
Awards and Recognition
- 2019 JLL Toronto Top Producer Award
- 2019 JLL Deal of the Year Award
- 2019 Wall of Fame Toronto Award
- 2019 JLL North America Top Gun
- 2018 JLL North America Top Gun Award
- 2018 JLL Toronto Deal of the Year
- 2017 JLL North America Top Achiever
- 2016 JLL North America Top Gun Award
- 2015 JLL North America Gold Achiever
- 2014 JLL North America Top Gun Award
Selected Significant Tenant Representation Experience:
- McKesson Canada Office Consolidation: 230,000 sf
- Co-operators Canada Head Office Consolidation: 240,000 sf
- Co-operators Canada: 132,000 sf
- Microsoft Canada: 160,000 sf
- Desjardins Canada: 280,000 sf
- P&G: 235,000 sf
- Adidas: 115,000 sf
- Travelers Insurance: 60,000 sf
- Q9 Networks/Bell Data Centre (multiple): confidential
- Great West Life Data Centre: confidential